Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Family Portrait


Awwwww. I went to pick Ana up from school yesterday and she presented me with this!


I asked her what she had drawn and she explained in great detail that the "person" in the middle of the three was me, since she has curly hair. The person on the right is Ana, and she has LOTS of long hair. And the person to the left is Daddy. He doesn't have a lot of hair. He is also apparently the only one with facial features, but look at those ears! Ha ha! I assume the blob at the bottom is Briscoe.

Ana also proudly pointed out that she signed her name on her art work, and that she drew it for me (the mess at the top right is supposed to say Mama).

I almost wept. I love it so much. Yes, I'm going to frame it, and no I don't care if you mock me. This art is priceless!!

This does remind me an awful lot of THIS though. And THIS. Which I laughed at a lot before I just became one of those parents! Well, I still laugh. It is still funny!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Have you seen this site where they take your child's artwork and turn it into jewelry? I think it's a great idea!

http://www.totallyoutofhand.com/

Jazz said...

Oh, that is cool. Thanks Deanna.

Shelley said...

I gave everyone in my family framed "monsters" that Lily draws for Christmas. I'm totally in love with my baby's artwork. Last week I made a stuffed monster using Lily's drawing. I need to post it on my blog, Kid's imagination is priceless. The best are the descriptions that go with it.