Thursday, April 15, 2010

Determined Swimmer

Ana made a major breakthrough swimming last night. I took out most of the floats in her float suit and she did really well. She swam a lot with the help of a noodle, but when I took her noodle away she managed to swim a ton on her own. She was swimming with her face barely above the water so she kept swallowing water until she suddenly had a realization and said "Hey, if I keep my mouth closed I won't swallow any water"so she swam the rest of the time with her lips pressed hard together. So cute! Of course it still went up her nose, but not as much.

She is also SO tenacious. She did not want any help at all. Even when she was sinking. And she would not give up. She had her eye on the prize (the wall) and was getting there no matter what. She kept telling me "step away from me" and "Don't help me". Once when she tried an overly ambitious swim to the noodle and could not make it and had to turn around I said "Shall I move the noodle closer" and she reluctantly said "Okay, but not TOO close". I am so proud!!

No comments: